If you believe a community library is a vital asset to the community, we urge you to join Friends of the Punta Charlotte Gorda Library!
The Friends of the Punta Gorda Charlotte Library is a non-profit organization that supports the library programs and services. Funding for the Punta Gorda Charlotte Library comes from several sources, primarily Charlotte County.
The Punta Gorda Friends generously contribute much-needed additional funds for library resources that would otherwise not be available. Your membership in Friends furthers the appreciation of books, literacy and education in the community, supports adult and children’s programs, sponsors programs of community interest, publishes the BOOKMARK (a newsletter of library happenings), and operates the Friends bookstore, from which proceeds are funnelled back into the Library. Members of the Friends act as advocates for the Punta Gorda Charlotte Library.
When you become a Friend, your membership contribution enables the organization to:
- Promote the use of the library
- Further the appreciation of books, literacy and education in the community
- Support adult, teen, and children’s programs
- Sponsor programs of community interest
- Publish the ‘Bookmark’, a newsletter of the library happenings
- Operate the Friends bookstore
- Friends members receive the newsletter and are entitled to advance purchase of tickets for the literary luncheons.
How to Join Friends
There are different types of memberships. An individual/family memberships for $15 per year. A lifetime membership is $150.
- General Membership (family and lifetime)
- Open and print the application here for General Membership.
Thank you for joining the Friends of the Punta Gorda Charlotte Library!
General Membership: Open and print the application here
The Friends of the Punta Gorda Charlotte Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and operates on donations from the community and local businesses. Funds are used not only for programs for the library, but also to purchase books, audio and other media as well as upgrades to the library such as shelving and furniture.
Many people make memorial donations on behalf of loved ones.You may request written acknowledgment of your donation that will include information to use for your taxes.
Donate by check, sending to:
Friends of the Punta Gorda Charlotte Library
401 Shreve Street
Punta Gorda FL 33950